Sunday, January 11, 2009

A LONG, MISERABLE NIGHT CREATED "POETRY"

The devil laughed
The angels swooned
'cause even BOTH nurses
couldn't tame the damn wound.


The trouble was with
Judith's nausea
Which to the dressing
was a troublesome causia.


We ran out of dressings
A panic ensued
Because it was Sunday
we knew we were screwed.


At the same time Obama
is eying Afghanistan,
Wes calls the pharmacy
hoping for a plan-is-STAN.


Our guests are still here,
that's Dorian and Lizzie,
They've witnessed first hand
what creates such a tizzy.


But what was the problem?
What created this mess?
A midwest snowstorm
put UPS to the test.


No supplies for the wound.
The situation got hyper.
We searched for an answer.
We can't use a diaper. . .


Did I worry? Did I sweat?
Did I panic? Did I fuss?
This wasn't the first time
I've seen blood and puss.


All the night I DID worry
The hallways to roam.
The final solution,
was writing this poem.

WES (aka the poor man's nurse/poet)

No comments: